Sunday, February 22, 2009

I'm Going Away for a While...

Okay, not really for a while, but it is for a day. I can remember going to a church planter's boot camp before we moved up here to start The Pursuit and them telling us, "You've got to block one day a month on your calendar to get away with just you and God." I committed to doing that to keep myself fresh and hearing from God.

Oops! I think it's been at least a year since I've gone away so tomorrow I am taking a bottle of water, the Bible on CD and my prayer list and going for a drive. I don't know what I'm expecting to hear but I am expecting to be refreshed and "let the Word of Christ richly dwell within" me. I am hoping to listen to all of the gospels in one day, something I have never done before.

It is supposed to rain, which is a bummer, but hopefully I can still see the Sawtooths, observe some wildlife and get recharged to come back for next week—after all, Evertything Changes March 1! I'm going to be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment